Terms & Conditions
- This promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 years or over. Proof of age and residence may be required.
- Promoter and Data Controller is Pukka Pies Limited (the “Promoter”), a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 1008747 and whose registered office is at The Halfcroft, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1LD, United Kingdom. Entries to this address will NOT be accepted.
- The promotion excludes employees and their immediate families of: the Promoter; any agencies or suppliers involved with the promotion or its administration; and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion or its administration.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Internet access is required. Only online entries will be accepted.
- The Promotion opens on 00:01 BST 1 October 2018 and closes on 23:59 GMT 9 December 2018 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries received outside the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- No purchase necessary to enter the promotion.
- How to enter:
Entrants must log onto www.everythingspukka.co.uk (the “Website”), which can be accessed directly or via www.everythingspukka.com, www.pukkaupyourday.com, www.pukkaupyourday.co.uk and www.pukkapies.co.uk/everythingspukka. Entrants must then submit a request for how Pukka Pies can ‘Pukka up their day’ (e.g. make their day better) in 50 words or less, and subsequently complete all form fields: full name), email address and telephone number (on which the entrant can be contacted in case of being selected as a winner). Maximum of 3 entries per person, per week. Each entry must be unique.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or communications that are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged, corrupted or not received during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any transmission, network or software problems, computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or any other reason whatsoever. Proof of electronic submission is not proof of receipt of entry. All entries, except for any personal data contained therein, become the property of the Promoter. No entries can be returned or copied to the entrant.
- There will be 1 winner selected per week for a duration of 10 weeks. Entries received during each promotional day from 00:01 Monday to 23.59 Sunday will be entered into the relevant weekly competition from which 1 winner will be chosen. Each period will run as follows:
- Week 1 = Entries received during the promotional week 00:01 1 October to 23:59 on 7 October 2018:
Winner chosen on 9 October 2018.
- Week 2 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 8 October to 23:59 on 14 October 2018:
Winner chosen on 16 October 2018.
- Week 3 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 15 October to 23:59 on 21 October 2018:
Winner chosen on 23 October 2018.
- Week 4 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 22 October to 23:59 on 28 October 2018:
Winner chosen on 30 October 2018.
- Week 5 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 29 October to 23:59 on 4 November 2018:
Winner chosen on 6 November 2018.
- Week 6 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 5 November to 23:59 on 11 November 2018:
Winner chosen on 13 November 2018.
- Week 7 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 12 November to 23:59 on 18 November 2018:
Winner chosen on 20 November 2018.
- Week 8 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:001 19 November to 23:59 on 25 November 2018:
Winner chosen on 27 November 2018.
- Week 9 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 26 November to 23:59 on 2 December 2018:
Winner chosen on 4 December 2018.
- Week 10 = Entries received during the promotional day 00:01 3 December to 23:59 on 9 December 2018:
Winner chosen 11 December 2018.
Entries in each period are valid for that weekly winner selection only and will not be carried over into the following week. Winners will be selected by a promotion steering group according to the below criteria.
Each entry will be entered into a weekly prize draw (completed at the end of each promotional week), from which 10 finalists will be selected.
These 10 finalists will then subjectively be ranked (on a 1-10 scale) on the following factors, by the promotion steering group:
- Is the request/submission feasible?
- Can it be achieved within £1,000?
- If the prize/experience was fulfilled, is this suitable from a moral and ethical perspective?
- Is there a strong synergy with the core Pukka values and personality?
- Is the submission making the individual’s/group’s day better (“Pukka Up Your Day”)?
- Will awarding the prize make the individual/group “feel good inside” (an emotional fit with the brand)?
The steering group will consist of representatives from Pukka Pies and their associated marketing agencies, namely:
Pukka Pies: 2 individuals
Together: 3 individuals
PhD: 1 individual
Quiet Storm: 1 individual
Kazoo: 1 individual
In the event of 2 submissions being equally ranked, Pukka Pies will have the deciding vote against the top ranked options only.
- Week 1 = Entries received during the promotional week 00:01 1 October to 23:59 on 7 October 2018:
There are 10 main prizes in total available (1 available in each week of the promotion). Each prize winner selected will receive a prize or experience worth up to £1,000. This will be received in the form of realising their request submitted via the microsite www.everythingspukka.co.uk. The actual value of the prize or experience will vary and is dependent upon the nature of the prize winner’s request. While the maximum budget for the prize is £1,000, should the requested prize be of lower value than £1,000, the prize winner will not be entitled to the difference.
Prize winners will be notified, via email and telephone, within 7 working days of the closing date of the weekly promotional period entered. The promotor will endeavour to make contact with the prize winner, contacting a minimum of 3 times over a 48 hour period, post winner selection. Should the winner be non-contactable within this 48 hour period, the prize will be allocated to the ‘runner-up’ selected via the promotion steering group. This is based on meeting the minimum criteria as detailed in clause 10; should this not be the case, the prize for the weekly period will go unallocated.
- All prizes and experiences will be fulfilled by the Promoter and their associated agencies and suppliers, up to the value of £1,000. The logistics and planning of all fulfilments will be communicated and agreed (via e-mail) with each winner, in line with the original submission made by the entrant. Prizes and experiences must be taken within one year of the end of the Promotional Period, but exact timings will depend on the prize experience concerned.
- A maximum of 1 (one) prize will be permitted per person and per household over the Promotional Period. Previous winners will not be selected again.
- The prize in whole or in part is non-transferable. No alternative prize will be offered in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute or provide a similar alternative prize of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. No cash alternative will be provided.
- The Promoter shall have no liability and will not be held responsible for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto or participation in this Competition, except in respect of death or personal injury to an entrant caused by the negligence of the Promoter or to the extent that any such liability cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The Promoter does not take responsibility for, recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the prize and shall not be liable for any acts or omissions (including fraud) by any third party, although it will endeavour to assist with resolving any problems.
- The name and county of each prize winner will be available by sending a request to: Marketing Department, Pukka Pies, The Halfcroft, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1LD, United Kingdom after 15 December 2018. Entries to this address will NOT be accepted.
- If it becomes apparent that an entrant is attempting to circumvent these terms and conditions for example, by the use of “script”, “brute force” or any other automated means, or in any way whatsoever, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Entries made by a third party or with automated devices or processes are not allowed. All entries will be closely monitored by online systems and any entries in breach of these terms and conditions (or any part thereof) will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions. Entry instructions, advertising materials and terms on promotional material form part of these terms and conditions.
A participants’ entry will be deemed invalid if it:
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards)
- contains content deemed socially irresponsible
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify any prize claim including, but not limited to, name, address and email.
- Prize winners agree to participate in unpaid publicity as required by the Promoter. This might involve activities such as media interviews, photography, film creation during their prize experience and Q&As.
- This will be used by the Promoter, agencies and suppliers in market.
- By participating in the promotion the entrants license and grant the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, vary or cancel the Promotion without notice if circumstances make this unavoidable.
- By entering this Promotion all entrants agree unequivocally to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision will be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause will not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.